A bushfire can move at speed and jump homes and highways. This summer help your family prepare with a bushfire plan.
(1) Know when you will leave (what fire rating) and how (have at least three ways out).
(2) Help your family prepare your home by watering down gutters and plants and keeping the grass short.
(3) Have a plan for your pets and your most valuable items.
(4) Save all important fire numbers and websites into your mobiles.
(5) Do a dry run, see how quickly you and your whole family (and pets) take to get in the car and out.
For more ideas visit https://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/resources/bush-fire-survival-plan