Across the Great Australian Bight
13 Nights | Adelaide to Fremantle | Departs 16 November 2022 | from $8540pp twin share
Aboard Coral Geographer, join us on an epic crossing of the Great Australian Bight to explore the hard-to-reach islands and iconic National Parks along the rugged shorelines of Australia’s south coast. Discover remote breeding grounds of sea lions among scattered islands and outcrops as we venture across the Archipelago of Recherche and follow Shearwater Bay’s snorkel trail in search of the elusive Leafy Sea Dragon. Along the way, your Australian Geographic Society host Micheline Jenner will share her extensive scientific and conservation knowledge and passion for whales.
Special Guest Lecturer: Micheline-Nicole Jenner AM
With a passion for conducting scientific studies in remote regions and for the giant mammals of the sea, Micheline has discovered critical whale habitats, contributed to over 60 peer-reviewed scientific papers and won multiple awards for her research and conservation efforts. Recognised for ‘significant service to conservation and the environment, particularly for whale research in Western Australia’, Micheline was appointed as a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in September 2018. Details of her life on the high seas, daring research exploits and lively family adventures feature in BBC and National Geographic documentaries and in her award-winning book The Secret Life of Whales.
- Cruise past the Bunda Cliffs, the world’s longest stretch of sea cliffs, then explore the scattered outcrops and Sea Lion breeding grounds of the Recherche Archipelago
- Explore the pristine wilderness and secluded beaches of Cape Arid, home to 1100 plant species and over 160 bird species
- Climb Cape Leeuwin lighthouse then walk amongst the vines and enjoy the wines of Margaret River
- Enjoy the company of onboard expert, Micheline Jenner as she shares extensive seafaring stories and knowledge
- Enjoy guided walks along the vast and secluded beaches at locations such as Cape Arid National Park, Cape Le Grand and Bremer Bay
- Discover the wild islands of the Archipelago of the Recherche and follow the snorkel trail at Shearwater Bay
- Wander the peaceful coastal town of Bremer Bay and take a stroll along its renowned white sand beaches
- Stroll through breath-taking Jewel Cave at Augusta and learn about its formation over thousands of years
- Learn of intriguing history as we visit Albany, Augusta and Cape Naturaliste
- Experience close encounters with wildlife along the way with sunset drinks with the friendly kangaroos of Lucky Bay and swimming with large stingrays and eagle rays at Hamelin Bay
For more information head to Coral Expeditions or call 1800 079 545.