Events and Exhibitions
Find out about all the upcoming events around Australia.
A Portrait of Australia
From Australian Geographic’s 33 years of unparalleled editorial coverage of Australia’s land, nature and people, a version of an Australian national identity emerges. The people who have been brought sharply into focus across its colourful pages have tended to live beyond the cities. They dwell in places where the vagaries of weather and climate dictate the fortunes of those willing to try their luck.
These landscapes and the people who live there are what inspire Australian Geographic and this exhibition is a celebration in pictures of their indomitable community spirit, their struggles, passions, livelihoods, skills and the changing times through which they have lived.
On show at:
- National Museum of Australia, Sydney, until 8 March 2021
- Lavington, NSW, until 1 May 2021
- Pine Rivers Heritage Museum, QLD, 16 October 2020 to 14 February 2021
- SEEN@Swansea, Lake Macquarie, NSW, 5 June to 2 August 2021
- Meandarra ANZAC Memorial Museum, QLD, June to September 2021
- Griffith Regional Art Gallery, NSW, 3 September to 8 October 2021
- Wondai Regional Art Gallery, QLD, 3 June to 3 July 2022
- SEEN@Swansea, Lake Macquarie NSW, 5 June to 2 August 2021
- Griffith Regional Art Gallery, NSW, 3 September – 3 October 2021
- Royal Australian Mint Deakin ACT, 23 November 2021 – end Feb 2022
Australian Geographic Presents
NOTE: DUE TO CORONAVIRUS, ALL EVENTS HAVE BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Australian Geographic is proud to represent our inspirational community of Trail Blazers, Explorers, Adventurers and Scientists, for corporate and community speaking engagements. Their diverse, inspiring and insightful stories will light up any event, whether it be an uplifting keynote for a corporate audience, or an educational session for schools or galvanising action for community groups.
When you book a presenter through AG Presents you can expect the level of professionalism and support offered by a top Speakers Bureau, combined with the philanthropic spirit and outreach of Australian Geographic.
BirdLife Australia’s Aussie Backyard Bird Count
The #AussieBirdCount is a great way to connect with the birds in your backyard no matter where your backyard happens to be — a suburban backyard, a local park, a patch of forest, down by the beach, or the main street of town.
You can count as many times as you like over the week, we just ask that each count is completed over a 20-minute period. The data collected assists BirdLife Australia in understanding more about the birds that live where people live.