How to apply for AG Society Sponsorship
Each calendar year the Australian Geographic Society donates generously to scientific, conservation, environmental and adventure projects.
Each calendar year the Australian Geographic Society donates generously to maintain its programme of sponsorship of Australian adventurers, scientific and environmental research, and community projects. Over the years it has spent much time and effort supporting Australian endeavour in all these fields.
Australian scientists, community organisations and individuals developing projects in Australia and abroad are welcome to apply for Society sponsorship.
There are two types of sponsorships available through the Australian Geographic Society:
Project Sponsorships (up to $10,000 in four categories, science, environment, adventure, community)
In 2019, the Society will hold two Project Sponsorship rounds, with the same overall amount of funding available as in 2017.
Round 1, 2019
Closing date: 30 April 2019
Round 2, 2019
Closing date: 30 November 2019
Nancy Bird Walton Sponsorship for Female Adventurers (one grant of $5000)
Applications for the Nancy Bird Walton Sponsorship open on 16 October each year, to commemorate Nancy’s birthday. The annual funding of $5000 is awarded to an Australian woman planning to undertake an adventurous pursuit. The recipient of the sponsorship will be chosen by a panel made up of female adventurers, members of Nancy Bird Walton’s family and representatives of the Australian Geographic Society. All Australian female adventurers are eligible to apply for this grant.
Applications close on 31 January 2019.
How do I apply?
1. To determine your eligibility, or for information on which grant to apply for, please
download the sponsorship guidelines
3. Please forward your application in a single attachment to email@example.com (We do not need a hard copy of your application.)
4. Make sure your application is under 10MB otherwise your email will bounce back.
5. Please indicate in your email which round you are applying for (Round 1 or 2).
6. You will receive a confirmation email to the email address your application was sent from.
7. You will receive an answer to your application usually within two months of the closing date.
8. To keep up to date with funding opportunities and AG activities please like us on Facebook.
For more information regarding sponsorship applications please contact the AG Society Administrator firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9136 7214