Terms and conditions: Coral Expeditions competition
Competition: Coral Expeditions / Australian Geographic Competition
NSW Permit No: LTPS/18/28970;
ACT Permit No: ACT TP 18/02042;
SA Permit No: T 18/1862
Australian Geographic Holdings Pty Ltd (ABN12 624 547 922) of 52-54 Turner Street Redfern NSW 2016 (phone: (02) 9331 7334).
Coral Princess Cruises (N.Q.) Pty Ltd (ACN: 010 809 417)
- The Competition is open to Australian residents aged 18 and over only.
- Employees of the Promoter, the Prize Supplier and associated companies and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
Commences: 26th of October 2018
Closes: 7th of January 2019
Maximum Number of Entries:
One per subscription
How to Enter:
Any person purchasing a subscription to Australian Geographic Magazine during the Competition Period is automatically entered into the prize draw (subject to the Entry Restrictions noted above).
- The Major Prize winner will receive 1 x berth for 2 people in an Explorer Deck State Room aboard The Coral Adventurer departing 12 November 2019 and returning 24 November 2019.
- The prize is valued at AUD$26,480 (RRP) (inclusive of GST).
- There is 1 prize to be won. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries.
- The prize includes:
- Charter flight for 2 people from Cairns (Australia) to Madang (Papua New Guinea) departing 12 November 2019.
- 12 nights accommodation for 2 people in a single two berth Explorer Deck State Room aboard The Coral Adventurer departing from Madang (Papua New Guinea) on 12 November 2019 arriving in Cairns (Australia) on 24 November 2019.
- Shore excursions and tours (not including scuba diving excursions and tours)
- All meals
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages during lunch and dinner services.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The Winner will be drawn at random by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) at midday on 8 January 2019 at the offices of Australian Geographic Holdings Pty Ltd, 52-54 Turner Street Redfern, NSW, 2016.
- The winner will be notified by email and phone on 10th of January 2019 and the results will published on the Australian Geographic website (www.australian geographic.com.au) and in The Australian on the 17th of January 2019.
Second Chance Draw and notification:
If a Winner cannot be contacted by,10 April 2019 or is unable to satisfy the terms and conditions or otherwise accept the prize by 10 April 2019, the Promoter or its nominated agent reserve the right to select another winner from all valid entries at its sole discretion. In such event, the Second Chance Draw winner will be notified by email and phone on the 12th of April 2019 and published on the Australian Geographic website and in The Australian on the 19th of April 2019.
Terms and Conditions:
- The purchase of a subscription to the Australian Geographic Magazine during the competition period is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information relating to the Competition and the Competition Details above form part of the terms and conditions for the Competition.
- For the purposes of this promotion a subscription to the Australian Geographic Magazine is deemed purchased upon the Promoter’s acceptance and confirmation of payment of the relevant subscription amount.
- The date and time of entry will be deemed to be the date and time the purchase of the Australian Geographic Magazine subscription is accepted by the Promoter.
- The Promoter may vary these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion, subject to approval of the relevant state authorities.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable, cannot be re-sold and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The prize cannot be used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services.
- The Promoter may cancel or render invalid any entry which the Promoter determines in its absolute and sole discretion arose by fraudulent means.
- Personal information collected in relation to your purchase of an Australian Geographic Magazine subscription during the competition period will be shared with:
- Australian Geographic Holdings Pty Ltd; and
- AG Society Limited; and
- Coral Princess Cruises (N.Q.) Pty Ltd
and used in accordance with their respective privacy policies, available at:
Such use may include administration of this competition and the awarding and administration of the prize, promotion of products and services, notification of promotions or special offers and surveys.
- The Laws of Australia applies to these terms and conditions and any disputes arising in relation to them and Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The winner must be one of the travellers and both travellers must a have current passport with at least 6 months’ validity from the travel date and appropriate travel visa(s) in place at the time of travel.
- Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions above.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must purchase an Australian Geographic Magazine subscription during the Competition Period.
- Only one entry will be submitted for each subscription purchased.
- There is no limit to the number of subscriptions that may be purchased during the competition period.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete subscriptions will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected subscriptions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of identity, proof of Australian residency status at the nominated prize delivery address and proof of current passport with at least 6 months validity (including that of the person accompanying the prize winner), in order to claim a Prize. Acceptance of proof of eligibility is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof, their entry will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification details in the Competition details above.
- All Prizes are as depicted or described in the Competition Details.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize.
- The Prize is date specific and the Winner must be available to redeem the Prize on the date specified in the Competition Details. If the Winner is not able to redeem the Prize on the specified date, the Promoter may determine another Winner in its absolute discretion.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the Competition or in connection with taking up the Prize.
- Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of publication of these terms and conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
- The prize is subject to availability. In the event that the Prize or part of the Prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control (such as an event of force majeure or formal Australian Government travel advisory preventing travel to the prize destinations), the Prize Supplier reserves the right to provide a similar prize to an equivalent value to the original prize, subject to state regulations and availability.
- If the Prize involves tickets to travel, the Promoter is not responsible for any change in times or dates, cancellations or rescheduling of events that may prevent the Prize Winner from redeeming the Prize or any part of it.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize Supplier’s requirements.
- Prize booking cannot be redeemed for cash, and is not transferable, not refundable and not re-routable. Once travel is booked and approved by the Prize supplier, any changes may incur a cancellation fee or amendment fee at the cost of the winner. Once tickets have been issued they cannot be changed.
- Neither the Promoter nor the Prize Supplier or their associated companies will be held liable for any loss, damage or injury that results directly or indirectly from the Winner taking part in any aspect of the Prize. Where relevant, the Winner agrees that they take full responsibility for any activities engaged in while travelling and engaging in the Prize package and will take out appropriate travel insurance.
- The Winner and their travelling companion are responsible for any visa requirements associated with the Prize. In the event that the Winner or their companion are unable to obtain appropriate visas, the Promoter takes no responsibility for the Prize winner’s or their companion’s inability to take the Prize.
- The Winner and their travelling companion are responsible for all costs not expressly listed as being included in the Prize, including without limitation, meals (other than meals served on-board The Coral Adventurer), entertainment, other travel and accommodation, incidentals, gratuities, services charges, optional extras, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs.
- Any health requirements related to the Winner’s acceptance of the prize (and their travelling companion) are the responsibility of the Winner.
- Travel insurance is not included in the Prize and will be the responsibility of the winner. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- The Prize includes accommodation, meals on board The Coral Adventurer and shore excursions and it is a condition of accepting the Prize that the Winner may be requested to present their credit card or a cash deposit upon arrival at any accommodation to cover all ancillary costs they may incur during their stay such as optional tours, bar services and Wi-Fi costs. For the avoidance of doubt, the Winner acknowledges that the Prize includes a range of specified inclusions and that non-specified inclusions will be incurred at the prize winner’s expense.
- Travel arrangements to and from the departure city airport (Cairns) do not form part of the Prize and are the responsibility of the Winner.
- The Winner and their travelling companion must travel together on the same dates.
- All travel will be subject to the general conditions of carriage. The Promoter and Prize Supplier make no representations as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the responsibility of the Winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
- Neither the Promoter nor the Prize supplier or their associated companies is responsible, to the extent permitted by law, for acts of god, acts of terrorism or war (declared or undeclared) or other events beyond the Promoter and the Prize Supplier’s control which prevent awarding or acceptance of the Prize in accordance with the Prize description.
- The Promoter and the Prize Supplier, their related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The Promoter and the Prize Supplier assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. Subject to state regulations.
- All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter.
- Entrants consent to their full names and images being used in all media by the Promoter and Prize Giver. Entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required to participate in promotional activities while taking up the Prize.
- The Promoter and the Prize Giver may use entrants’ names and details for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. The Promoter may also be required to disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, Prize Giver and to state and territory gaming departments to assist in conducting the Competition.
- Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.