Antarctica in Shackleton's footsteps
In March 2019 the AG Society will partner with Aurora Expeditions for a special voyage to South Georgia and the Antarctic.
On this special voyage to South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula, you'll retrace Shackleton's famous journey to Elephant Island, then on through waters where blue, sei and fin whales roam. South Georgia offers nesting albatross, mating elephant seals, the world’s largest king penguin rookeries and a visit to Shackleton’s grave. You will be led by a team of expert guides, naturalists and historians, who will interpret the wildlife and history of this remarkable destination.
Dates: 20 March - 6 April 2019 (18 days) – last voyage!
Vessel: The 54-passenger Polar Pioneer
Cost: From US$14,320 pp in a twin public cabin (normal price US$17,900 – save 20%!)
Departure: Ushuaia, Argentina–Santiago, Chile
Bookings: Call 02 9252 1033 or 1800 637 688, or visit Aurora Expeditions.
- Retrace Shackleton's heroic voyage
- Step ashore in Antarctica amidst penguins and seals
- Cruise past huge tabular icebergs in the Weddell Sea
- Attempt to land on remote Elephant Island
- South Georgia’s seals, albatross and king penguins
- ‘Shackleton Walk’, the last leg of Shackleton’s crossing