What is BAYERboost?
BAYERBoost is an environmental scholarship scheme aimed at giving senior secondary school and undergraduate tertiary students experience in environmental research or restoration during their summer break. BAYERBoost scholarships are funded by innovation and research company Bayer Australia, and administered by the
Australian Geographic Society.
Objectives of the scheme
- Encourage and promote research in, about and for the environment.
- Provide students with the opportunity to broaden their experience in
research or action for the environment
- Enable students to gain experience in working with an accredited
organisation involved in environmental research or restoration.
Each scholarship will be worth:
- $6,000 for a tertiary student who will be required to work for 12 weeks
- $5,000 for a Year 12 student who will be required to work for 10 weeks
- $3,000 for a Year 11 student who will be required to work for 6 weeks.
How to apply
- Ask your teacher, lecturer or academic supervisor to support you
in your application.
- Identify a project and host organisation. Examples of projects might include:
- environmental research
- field conservation
- ecosystem restoration or enhancement
- The closing date is September 30th 2012. Details of exactly what documents need to be
submitted with your application form can be found here.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email: