See also: Terms and conditions - WIN a family holiday to Vanuatu
Website terms and conditions
In these terms and conditions, "we", "us" and "our" means ACP Magazines Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546), of Level 2, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to your use of the australiangeographic.com.au website (the “Website”). By accessing or using the Website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this posting. The revised terms will take effect when they are posted.
Licence to use the content on the Website
(a) You acknowledge that the Website is subject to copyright and possibly other intellectual property rights (“Intellectual Property Rights”).
(b) We grant you a limited, non-transferable licence to access and use the Website solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
(c) We (or our licensors) retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Website, and nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any Intellectual Property Rights to you or, except for the licence referred to in paragraph (b), licence you to exercise any Intellectual Property Rights unless this is expressly stated.
(d) Except as provided in these terms and conditions, permission to reprint or electronically reproduce the Website in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from us. You may contact us at http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/contact-us.htm if you wish to obtain such consent.
(e) Subject to applicable law, we may revoke the permissions referred to above at any time and may suspend or deny, in our sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website without notice.
Linking to this Website
(a) We encourage you to provide links to this Website. While you may use the name “australiangeographic.com.au” in the text of any such link, you may not use the Australian Geographic logo or any of our other trademarks without our prior written consent.
(b) You must not frame this Website, or represent or imply that any part of the Website belongs to anyone other than us.
(c) If we notify you that we object to the manner in which you provide links to this Website, you must immediately cease providing such links.
In using the Website, you must not:
(a) violate any applicable laws;
(b) use the Website for any purpose that is threatening, libellous, defamatory, abusive, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, racist, indecent or infringing of another person’s rights;
(c) distribute viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of any computer hardware or software;
(d) collect or store personal data about other users of the Website; or
(e) engage in any other conduct that inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website.
Note: AG eShop is available to Australian customers only.
We provide you with access to the AG eShop from the Website. However, the AG eShop is operated and managed by:
Australian Geographic Retail Pty Ltd
PO Box 219
Pymble NSW 2073
Telephone: 02 9473 6700 (9am – 4pm Australian Eastern Standard Time)
To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim all responsibility or liability for or arising in respect of the use by you of the AG eShop. Your use of the AG eShop is subject to Australian Geographic Retail Pty Ltd’s terms and conditions of use, which are available at http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/shop/eshop-terms-and-conditions.htm.
Any concerns or enquiries in relation to the AG eShop, including in relation to returns or refunds, should be directed to Australian Geographic Retail Pty Ltd.
Warranties and liability
(a) All express or implied warranties, representations, statements, terms and conditions relating to these terms and conditions or the Website that are not contained in these terms and conditions, are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
(b) In particular, and without limiting paragraph (a):
(i) while we endeavour to provide a convenient and functional Website, we do not guarantee that that your requirements will be met or that your use of the Website will be uninterrupted, error free or that the Website or the server from which it operates are free of viruses or other harmful components; and
(ii) we cannot be responsible for any loss, corruption or interception of data sent to or from our Website which occurs outside of our computer systems (such as those which occur while being sent over the internet).
We recommend that you install and use up-to-date anti-virus and firewall software on your computer.
(c) Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any term, condition, warranty, right or remedy implied or imposed by any statute or regulation which cannot lawfully be excluded, restricted or modified, which may include Part V of the Australian Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth) and corresponding provisions of Australian state or territory legislation, which contain provisions including implied conditions and warranties which operate to protect the purchasers of goods and services in various circumstances.
(d) If any term, condition or warranty is implied into these terms and conditions and we are able to limit your remedy for a breach of such a term, condition or warranty, then our liability for breach of the term, condition or warranty is limited to one or more of the following at our option:
(i) in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, the repair of the goods, the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods, or the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
(ii) in the case of services, the supplying of the services again, or the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
(e) Subject to our obligations under the implied terms, conditions or warranties referred to above, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, our maximum aggregate liability for all claims under or relating to these terms and conditions or the Website, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute, under an indemnity, based on fundamental breach or breach of a fundamental term or on any other basis, is limited to an amount equal to AUD$100. In calculating our aggregate liability under this paragraph, the parties must include any amounts paid or the value of any goods or services replaced, repaired or supplied by us for a breach of the implied terms, conditions or warranties referred to above.
(f) Subject to our obligations under the implied terms, conditions or warranties referred to above, and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not liable for, and no measure of damages will, under any circumstances, include:
(i) special, indirect, consequential, incidental or punitive damages; or
(ii) damages for loss of profits, revenue, goodwill, bargain, anticipated savings or loss or corruption of data, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute, under an indemnity, based on fundamental breach or breach of a fundamental term or on any other basis, whether or not such loss or damage was foreseeable and even if advised of the possibility of the loss or damage.
(g) Our liability to you is diminished to the extent that your acts or omissions (or those of a third party) contribute to or cause the loss or liability.
Variation of the Website
We may from time to time and without notice, vary, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any or all of the Website.
Links and advertisements
We have not reviewed any of the sites linked to the Website and are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Website. The inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse the linked site.
Neither party will be liable for any delay in performing any of its obligations under these terms and conditions if such delay is caused by circumstances beyond the reasonable control of that party.
(a) If any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part is to be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
(b) These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
(c) These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between us and you in relation to the Website and supersede all other (prior or contemporaneous) communications or displays whether electronic, oral, or written, between us and you in relation to the Website.
(d) Your use of the Website is conducted electronically and you agree that we may communicate with you electronically for all aspects of your use of the Website, including sending you electronic notices.
(e) The provisions of these terms and conditions which by their nature survive termination or expiry of these terms and conditions will survive termination or expiry of these terms and conditions.
(f) The word “including” when used in these terms and conditions is not a term of limitation.
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Participation in the promotion is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents only. All entrants must be over the age of 18. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. To enter readers must complete the Australian Geographic Reader Survey as found on page x of the Setpember 2010 issue and tell us in 25 words or less "What would be your ultimate outdoor adventure and why?" and send your completed entries toAustralian Geographic Outdoor Reader Survey Reply Paid xxxx, Sydney 2000. Also include your name, address and contact details. Only one entry per person permitted. For the removal of doubt, an invalid entry consisting of a completed survey, may still be included for research purposes only.
4. Promotional period commences 17/08/2009 at 00.01(AEST) and closes with last completed survey at 09/09/2009 AEST.
5. The best entry as determined by the judges will be deemed the winner and will receive a worth $x,000 in total.
6. The Promoter reserves the right in its complete discretion to substitute the prize with another product of its choice to the same value, if it deems necessary. Winners will be notified by phone, using contact details provided in their entry. This is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit. The Promoter's decision in relation to all aspects of this promotion is final and binding on all who enter. No correspondence will be entered into.
7. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Conditions of Entry; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; and/or (f) the prize.
8. Prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and are correct at time of printing. All prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of a prize occurring between publishing date and date the prize is claimed. Prize must be taken as stipulated by the Promoter.
9. By entering the competition and providing an email address, the entrant consents to receipt of any email regarding the competition, and other emails which inform the entrant of the Promoter's other publications, products, services and events and to promote third party goods and services it may be interested in.
10. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The collection, use and disclosure of personal information provided in connection with this competition is governed by our privacy notice located on 5pg. X of September 2010 issue.
11. The Promoter is ACP Magazines Ltd of 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. ABN is 18 053 273 546.